Wednesday, November 23, 2005

FARMGIRLS FIRST ROW








Hi there all you rowers,

Thought I would give this blogging a go and get a pic of my first row up so that Di can see what she is in for. I have decided to go with the red tones again as I am thinking that I will use my red blocks from the 6 1/2 in swap as a border on this quilt. My theme fabric is the white and red one and a fat eight will be available for each row, if more is required give me a buzz as I have plenty (got a roll with about 8 metres on it from spotlight for only $6-). Colours have to be red, red white or with a smattering of black in them, no solid blacks, brights, other colours or checks please. Will have all this info in my notebook so do not stress Di.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Nice bright blocks Jane, and a good start to give ther est of us some food for thought.

8:04 am  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Yes, I agree with Belle :) and lovely to see people using the blog. Remember you don't have to have finished a row to post to the blog - does anyone else have any ideas about what they might do for their colour scheme?

8:41 am  
Blogger Di said...

Red, lovely. Haven't decided what colour or theme yet. Thinking maybe christmas (that way I'll have a Christmas quilt for next year? Or perhaps an Amish theme? Lots to think about.

9:33 pm  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm thinking Christmas too, Di, countryish though, but I'd also like houses or a villagey look, not sure though how that would work, if there's enough scope to do houses, what do others think?

8:18 am  
Blogger Di said...

How about a simple house , 1 oblong with roof and door? I've seen something somewhere - I'll try and hunt it out Belle.

7:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home