Monday, February 19, 2007

Ted's last row.


Finally Ted, I have your row finished and almost ready for posting.

When I read that you would like Thimbleberries fabric if possible, I knew I had only one piece of Thimbleberries fabric , Pansy Park. (A border print ) I checked out the colour preferences you had included and thought that this would fit with the fabric. I then went shopping and bought some toning fabrics.

The patterns for the 5 birdhouses were from the Quilter's Cache website BUT they were all 4" blocks - not to worry, I used the Pansy Park fabric and interspersed trees and pansy swags with the birdhouses to give the feeling that the birdhouses were, hidden among the trees. The row feels busy and leafy. You could be forgiven for thinking that a bird will pop into view.

Hope you like what I have done.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger miss~nance said...

This is a most stunning row, I actually think I heard birds singing and I even think I could smell some flowers.

11:00 pm  
Blogger Hope said...

Thanks for those lovely words of praise, Miss Nance. I really enjoyed doing those little birdhouses but they did need a few trees to make them look at home.

9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home