Friday, December 30, 2005

At the Bottom of My Garden

At the Bottom of My Garden.

I think I have finally decided just what to do for my first row. Browsing through a magazine, I saw an ad for a "seed packet" quilt, with the "seed packets" the centre of a log cabin block. It was in pretty pastels, but somehow I don't think mine will evolve that way.

I have selected some botanical drawings to make into the centre square of each block, these I have assigned a main colour to. I have a Rose (pinky reds) , Gum flower (Pinks), Nasturtium (Orange/Yellows), Pansy (Purple/Yellows) and Cornflowers (Blues/Mauves/Pinks) The idea is that the log cabins will be scrap pieced (hopefully) and there will be matching/blending colours from one block to the next, to create a kind of rainbow effect. The flowers are drawn on seeded homespun and will be embroidered in the colours mentioned for each one. Will post pics as I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home