Friday, November 10, 2006

Farmgirl's Leaves Row



I really enjoyed this row. The leaf design is from Compuquilt BUT the instructions were for making with templates (Who has time for that!!!) Soooo I have drawn up an 8" square and then cut all squares and half square triangles and pieced MOST of the block that way, the large point is paper-pieced (Just the 3 pieces) and then the squares were stitched by the quick piecing method. By doing it that way I found that I was able to cut fabric more efficiently and piece more time efficiently. For me the effect is probably better than if I had cut and pieced using the template patterns.

Including Jane's fabric, I also used 3 reds and a white on white in every block. I wanted the red on white print to make the leaves look as if they are in the process of skeletonising. (That Idea came because I had been thinking about working out in the garden, and I often find skeletonised or partially skeletonised leaves in the front garden.)

Hope you like the row Jane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home