Monday, January 02, 2006

Log Cabin Variation or square within a square?


Here is a pic of my completed first row. When I first started this block I had seen a "log Cabin with a twist" so this is what I was trying to achieve...it may have worked better if the central piece was smaller and the block was larger. Oh well, it still achieves some of what I intended. I really like the colours, they are fresh and bright (but not too bright) and juicy. The only fabric that I bought especially is the apple green, tone on tone print. The fabrics were from the FQ's sent and received throughout 2005 and what I had in my stash - mostly leftovers from previous quilts. I also raided my scrapbag for some pieces.

I really like scrappy quilts, so please think about that when you get to work on my rows. I will be including some of the apple green tone on tone fabric for each person to use in the row. I will include close up pics of each block to give a better idea of the colours I used.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

I really like the colours in this row :) Look forward to seeing it as it develops.

12:04 am  
Blogger jane said...

Love the colours - very Gelati - very very pretty

8:54 pm  
Blogger Hope said...

Jane I'm glad you termed the colours "Gelati" I thought "fruity", but yes that is what I want something fresh and fruity, gelati cool colours.

9:35 pm  
Blogger Nanette said...

Very yummy Hope. BTW, I've made that 'Seed Packet" quilt you mentioned, I did it in dusty pinks/burgundies and greens. It looked good.

7:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home